We've delivered over 160 km of tunnels, outfalls, underground stations, hydropower caverns, and underpasses; moving more than five million tonnes of earth and rock in the process.
Our creative construction approach has seen us successfully pioneer new and innovative technologies; and we are renowned for our capacity to provide fully integrated engineering and construction solutions.
Our tunnelling and underground expertise encompasses every size, technology and technique including: HDD, Direct Pipe®; micro-tunnelling and pipe jacking; sequential drill and blast; road header; New Austrian Tunnelling Method (NATM) / mechanical excavation; and the full range of tunnel boring (TBM) techniques.
Our geographic reach and multidiscipline capability has seen successful delivery of transport, water/wastewater, power/energy, underpass, utility and mine related tunnels and underground structures.
Throughout the decades, creativity and innovation had been a hallmark of our approach, including:
- Construction of the first segmentally lined shield tunnel in Singapore in 1975
- Introducing pipe jacking technology to Australia, New Zealand & Asia in the late 1970s
- Constructing the first NATM tunnel in Australia in the 1980s
- Construction of complex pedestrian underpass tunnels in soft ground commencing in Singapore in the early 1980s
- Creating an unsurpassed world record in open TBM (size and type class) production for the Blue Mountains Sewage Transfer Scheme during the 1990s
- Delivering multiple award-winning hydropower projects and desalination plants during the 2000s
- Undertaking major project components on all four of the major LNG projects in QLD and PNG during the LNG Boom (QCLNG, APLNG, GLNG & PNG LNG)
- Delivery of the southern hemisphere’s current largest diameter TBM driven tunnel in 2017
- Setting a new world record (surpassing the previous distance by 500m) for Direct Pipe® technology in 2018, and then again in 2020 (2021m single drive);
- Five successful underwater marine TBM recoveries with 2 more in near future
- Completing the longest large diameter single pipe jack drive through continuous hard rock conditions world-wide in 2020