McConnell Dowell is committed to reconciliation in Australia
Our vision is for the construction industry and the communities in which we work to develop stronger and deeper relationships between Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and non-Indigenous peoples for the benefit of all Australians.
Together, we strive to achieve a shared future that is inclusive and equitable for all Australians.
We completed our first phase Reflect Reconcilation Action Plan (RAP) in September 2021, establishing a stronger foundation of understanding and awareness and setting us on a course of continued growth through knowledge and diversity. Highlights included...
- The introduction of Acknowledgement of Country to our formal meetings and site launches
- Proudly displaying our unique Indigenous artwork and its meaning in all our Australian offices
- Actively engaging more Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander businesses on our projects
- Proactively engaging with Indigenous businesses to determine how we can make working with us an easier and more rewarding experience.
In October 2023 we launched our Innovate RAP (copy below) and our journey to create a more inclusive and sustainable company and country continues.
Some of our key commitments in our Innovate RAP include:
- Further cross-cultural awareness training
- Exploring more local story telling opportunities through our projects
- Review of key policies and procedures to ensure they remain free of bias
- Creating more meaningful employment and supply chain opportunities for First Nations businesses.