Customer: Department for Infrastructure and Transport (DIT)
Contract: Construct only
Location: Port Adelaide, SA
The Public Transport Projects (PTP) Alliance comprising of McConnell Dowell, Arup and Mott MacDonald, together with the Department for Infrastructure and Transport are currently delivering the Port Dock Railway Line Project, a project that will support 100 full time equivalent jobs per year over the life of the construction period.
The project includes the re-establishment of the spur line and construction of a new train station and bus exchange.
Specifically, the project will deliver:
- A 1km rail line linking Port Adelaide’s commercial centre and residential precinct to the Adelaide CBD
- A new railway station and plaza at Baker Street
- A bus interchange at the existing Lipson Street car park which includes 94 parking spaces, including four accessible parking spaces
- Landscaping around the station, plaza and along the rail corridor to offset the vegetation removed and enhance local amenities.
Other benefits of the project include:
- Upgrades to Barlow Street and Baker Street streetscapes for improved pedestrian and cyclist access.
- Connectivity upgrades to pedestrian and cyclist access alongside Grand Junction Road.
- Overall improvements to pedestrian and cyclist connectivity.
Once complete the project will provide integrated rail and bus services, serve as an important destination for the local tourist attractions and contribute significantly towards the ongoing renewal of the Port Adelaide precinct.
The project is due to be completed with the new railway line and station opening at the end of 2024.
For more information check out DIT's animations below!
DIT animation of the works:
DIT Animated fly-through of the works: