Our tunnelling capability is unrivalled.
With more than 50 years’ experience, we have delivered over 140 km of safe, smart, efficient tunnels and underground spaces while minimising community and environmental impact.
With the delivery of over 145km of tunnels, multiple stations, caverns, interchanges & underpasses, more than 4.5 million tonnes of earth & rock excavated, and our creative DNA to successfully pioneer new and innovative technologies, we are renowned for our capacity to provide fully integrated engineering and construction solutions. Our tunnelling and underground expertise encompasses every size, technology and technique from HDD, micro-tunnelling and pipe jacking, through to drill and blast, road header and the full range of TBM techniques.
Our global reach and multidiscipline capability has seen successful delivery of transport, water/wastewater, power/energy and mine related tunnels and underground structures.
Throughout the decades, creativity and innovation had been a hallmark of our approach, including:
- Delivering the first segmentally lined shield tunnel in Singapore in 1975
- introducing pipe jacking technology to Australia, New Zealand & Asia in the late 1970s
- constructing the first NATM tunnel in Australia in the 1980s
- creating a unsurpassed world record in open TBM (size & type class) production during the 1990s
- delivering multiple award winning hydropower projects and desalination plants during the 2000s
- constructing the southern hemisphere’s largest diameter TBM driven tunnel in 2017
- setting a new world record (surpassing the previous distance by 500m) for direct pipe technology in 2018