Customer: Public Utility Board (PUB)
Contract: Construct Only & Remeasure
Location: Tuas View Basin, Singapore
Located in the south west corner of Singapore, the Tuas Water Reclamation Plant (TWRP) project involves the construction of a new water treatment facility as part of Singapore's Deep Tunnel Sewage System Phase 2. TWRP, which will recieve both industrial and domestic waste water, will be developed in phases and will be delivered in 18 packages.
McConnell Dowell has been awarded Contract C1A, which includes providing site establishment, and both temporary and permanent above-ground and underground services and utilities for the entire site. McConnell Dowell's detailed work scope includes:
- Site establishment which includes site access control; 22 kV substation and a temporary power network for whole site; temporary sewer and potable water lines; temporary drainage; temporary roads; client site office, site wide street lighting, CCTV and WiFi systems.
- Permanent roads and drains
- Major yard piping; 5km of DICL pipes ranging from 200 mm dia to 1.6 m dia pipes and 1.2 km of 3 m dia RC Pipes
- Electrical & ICA duct banks and manholes.
- 1.2 km 3m dia. pipejacking works with six 30 m deep permanent manholes.
- 100 m long near-shore outfall structure.
The six pipejack drives, totalling 1.2 km, range from 71 m to 434 m in length. The TBM machine will contend with high groundwater pressure (equivalent to 30 m deep diving) and will be set up for hyperbaric interventions for cutting tool replacement. The TBM will also need to negotiate a tight 420 m radius curve, which is quite sharp for a pipejacked tunnel.