Customer: Major Road Projects Victoria
Contract: Design and Construct
Location: Melbourne, Victoria
We’re partnering with Major Road Projects Victoria (MRPV) to deliver the Narre Warren-Cranbourne Road Upgrade in Melbourne's south eastern growth corridor.
The upgrade will improve traffic flow and travel times; improve access around Cranbourne town centre; and make it easier and safer for pedestrians and cyclists to move around the area.
McConnell Dowell's scope of work includes:
- adding an extra lane in each direction between Thompsons Road and the South Gippsland Highway (approx. 4 km)
- installing traffic lights to replace the roundabouts at Thompsons Road and Berwick-Cranbourne Road
- installing new traffic lights at the South Gippsland Highway intersection, Majestic Boulevard and Lyall Street
- installing new traffic lights at the pedestrian crossing south of Hunt Club Boulevard
- upgrading intersections at Kingdom Drive, Linsell Boulevard and Rochester Parade
- building new shared walking and cycling paths
- installing safety barriers along the road.
The project is the fourth MRPV contract awarded to McConnell Dowell. The others being the Echuca Moama Bridge, the Mordialloc Freeway, and the current Healesville - Koo Wee Rup Road Upgrade.