Customer: Major Road Projects Victoria
Contract: Design and Construct
Location: Melbourne, Victoria
We’re partnering with Major Road Projects Victoria (MRPV) to deliver the Narre Warren-Cranbourne Road Upgrade in Melbourne's south eastern growth corridor.
The upgrade will improve traffic flow and travel times; improve access around Cranbourne town centre; and make it easier and safer for pedestrians and cyclists to move around the area.
McConnell Dowell's scope of work includes:
- adding an extra lane in each direction between Thompsons Road and the South Gippsland Highway
- installing traffic lights to replace the roundabouts at Thompsons Road and Berwick-Cranbourne Road
- installing new traffic lights at the South Gippsland Highway intersection, Majestic Boulevard and Lyall Street
- installing new traffic lights at the pedestrian crossing south of Hunt Club Boulevard
- upgrading intersections at Kingdom Drive, Linsell Boulevard and Rochester Parade
- building new shared walking and cycling paths
- installing safety barriers along the road.
The project is the fourth MRPV contract awarded to McConnell Dowell. The others being the Echuca Moama Bridge, the Mordialloc Freeway, and the Healesville - Koo Wee Rup Road Upgrade.