Customer: Major Road Projects Victoria (MRPV)
Contract: Design and Construct
Location: Melbourne, Victoria
McConnell Dowell has been engaged by Major Road Projects Victoria (MRPV) to upgrade Epping Road in Melbourne's booming northern growth corridor.
The Epping Road upgrade will improve traffic flow and travel times by providing better north-south road connectivity for 35,000 drivers a day. It will also increase liveability and commercial development opportunities, and make it easier and safer to walk and cycle around the local area. Most importantly, it will lower the risk and severity of crashes through safety upgrades.
Our workscope includes:
- adding extra lanes in each direction between Craigieburn Road East and Memorial Avenue (approx. 4 km)
- installing new traffic lights at Park Street
- upgrading existing intersections in the area
- upgrading the pedestrian traffic lights at Taggerty Grove
- building a new shared walking and cycling path
- adding on-road bicycle lanes
- installing safety barriers along the road.
This is the fifth major project we'll deliver for MRPV, after the successful completion of the Mordialloc Freeway and Echuca Moama Bridge projects, and the current Narre Warren-Cranbourne Road and Healesville-Koo Wee Rup Road upgrades.
Major construction is underway. Follow our progress here.