McConnell Dowell is pleased to announce the award of the design and construction of the Warkworth Pump Station for Watercare Services Limited.
This project continues to build on McConnell Dowell’s extensive track record in the construction of wastewater infrastructure in New Zealand. Our solution features the use of an innovative caisson sinking methodology to construct the pump station and storage tank. This construction method was successfully used on our recent Glen Eden project.
The scope of works includes construction of a new Wastewater Pump Station located in Lucy Moore Memorial Park, Warkworth. The pump station is designed to be a wet well / dry well facility and includes:
- an above ground structure approximately 4.4m high, 9.2m long and 4m wide
- belowground structures including inlet chamber, gantry crane, drywell, wet well and emergency storage to a depth of approximately 12m.
- an overflow pipe from the pump station to the existing stormwater pond
- ancillary above ground structures, including odour control (biofilter), standby generator, transformer, flowmeter chamber and welfare facilities; and
- an access road and carpark
Construction started in September 2021 and is scheduled for completion in 2023.