Location: Tanjung Setapa, Malaysia
McConnell Dowell (Malaysia) Sdn Bhd was awarded an EPCC contract by Petronas PRPC Utilities and Facilities Sdn Bhd for Package 12B. This encompassed the Engineering, Procurement, Construction & Commissioning (EPCC) of the Solid Product Jetty and associated Handling Facilities (SPJ) at Tanjung Setapa, as part of the RAPID project in Malaysia.
The package included:
- A Solid Handling Jetty comprising of a 1300 m long trestle, 710 m long jetty head, 2 container berths and a sulphur loading berth
- Onshore Civil Works comprising of a container stacking yard, truck and trailer parks, a workshop area along with distributor roads and utilities
- Industrial Buildings comprising of a 450m long Sulphur stockpile warehouse, at terminal operation building, an administration building, workshop, substations and other ancillary buildings
- A topside and landside material handling system for sulphur with loaders and unloaders including all mechanical and electrical works.
- The project duration was 30 months, including an extensive 6 months of engineering design.