Customer: Auckland City Mission
Location: Auckland, New Zealand
Contract type: Construct only
Construction Period: 2 years
- Levels 4 to 8 – 80 supportive housing apartments, incl. balconies to each apartment.
- Roof level – Communal spaces (meeting / conference rooms, roof terrace, greenhouse space etc.) and Plant Rooms.
- Basement – 3 x tenancies (Federal St facing), back-of-house facilities and 38 x carparks.
- Ground floor – Café, Pharmacy and ACM Reception.
- Level 1 – ACM Offices, meeting rooms, etc.
- Levels 2 and 3 – Medical treatment centre incl. Dental, GPs, detoxification facilities, patient rooms, and communal areas.
Built Environs have begun works on Auckland’s City Mission Home Ground Development. The project will require the demolition of three existing buildings and the refurbishment of the heritage-listed Prince of Wales building to allow for the construction of the new Auckland City Mission (ACM) building.
Most of the structure will be made of Cross Laminated Timber (CLT). When completed, the Auckland City Mission project will be the tallest CLT building in New Zealand.
During the tender and ECI periods Built Environs investigated numerous alternative design solutions. Building Information Modelling (BIM) will be utilised on the project.
The award of this project marks a significant milestone for Built Environs as it is the first project that will be delivered in New Zealand.
Built Environs expanded operations in to New Zealand in February 2018 where we are co-located with McConnell Dowell in Auckland.