- Pot line 1: 4 pot rooms, 8 sections, 241 pots, 4 temporary crossovers, 4 central passageways, 4 North end and 4 South end crossovers
ist Item 1 Here ***
- Pot line 3: 4 pot rooms, 8 sections, 272 pots, 4 temporary crossovers, 4 central passageways, 4 North end and 4 South end crossovers
Customer: Emirates Global Aluminium (EGA)
Location: Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Contract Type: Construction and Fabrication
The Challenge and The Solution
- Work in both sections are required to be performed in a live potroom environment, which includes risks of high electrical amperage and work near operating pots containing molten Aluminium. Every individual involved is required to undergo Dubal’s tailor made training courses and pass stringent tests to be qualified to work in live potrooms. A strict “permit to work system” must be complied with.
- Work involves interfaces with various other contractors working in the same area. Co-ordination is of prime importance as existing resources and work space are to be shared between various activities.
- Tight construction schedules have been set by the Client in order to reduce interruptions to existing plant operations and loss of production. The potroom works call for a 24/7 schedule.
- Potline 8 uses the DX technology which involves high amperage cells. Inside welding is required in order to tie-in the new cells into the existing circuit. This is particularly challenging in view of welding operations to be performed in a magnetic field reaching up to 750 Gauss.