The appointment of Mr Trantino, and associated changes to the Company’s operating model, caps a significant period of change and renewal at McConnell Dowell, which has underpinned a return to sustainable and profitable growth. A successful strategy has been implemented to transform the business, with a strong focus on standardisation, simplification and putting the customer at the heart of everything we do.
During his time with McConnell Dowell, Mr Trantino has established a reputation, internally and externally, as an exceptional technical leader and industry innovator.
The Group’s new Engineering, Technology & Innovation function will -
- Strengthen customer, consultant and partner relationships through strategic collaboration;
- Provide technical leadership in key specialist capability areas, including marine, rail, pipelines, tunnels and underground, dams and hydro and mechanical;
- Enhance McConnell Dowell’s Creative Construction brand recognition in the marketplace through innovation;
- Embed engineering standards, processes, systems and capabilities to enable consistent delivery of engineering and technical solutions;
- Drive competitive advantage with innovative engineering, technical solutions, technology and cost-effective approaches; and
- Continue to promote a culture of collaboration, continuous improvement and knowledge sharing, while providing governance over all engineering activities across the Group.
Mr Trantino said he was excited to have been appointed to the role, and particularly the customer and value-creation focus the Engineering, Technology & Innovation function brings to the Group. "There are significant opportunities on the horizon in our industry as a result of technological change and innovation, through which will continue to deliver on our Creative Construction brand," Mr Trantino said.
Mr Cummins also recognised outgoing Executive Director Technical & Operations, John Hearst, who he said has been “a significant and critical part of McConnell Dowell’s history, including the recent reset process.”
“I want to acknowledge John for his leadership, both as head of the Technical & Operations group and as an Executive Director of the McConnell Dowell Corporation Board,” Mr Cummins said. “On behalf of all of us at McConnell Dowell, I would like to thank John for his immense contribution over many years in roles in Australia, New Zealand, Thailand and Indonesia. He has provided unwavering support for myself and other members of the executive team over the past two years.”
Mr Cummins said he looked forwarded to continuing to work with Mr Hearst, who will provide ongoing support to the organisation in a consulting capacity.
“McConnell Dowell has achieved substantial progress with the strategic transformation of the business and this change represents an important refinement to our operating model. An increased focus on engineering, technology and innovation, will position us well to take advantage of the significant opportunities ahead,” Mr Cummins said.