The MDMJV’s broad scope of work included:
- Excavation and shotcreting of man refuges.
- Installation of drift floor using precast elements
- Pit bottom works
- Construct, install and commission of automated Blast doors
- Completion of GAG pipe (mine fire suppression apparatus) installation and concrete works
- Completion of man refuge outlet concrete works
- TBM drift fit-out including droppers and services
- Completion of CV portal works including entry ramp, surface sump and conveyor slab
- Installation of drift LED lighting
With the project delivered on a fast-track program, to budget and with zero safety incidents or interventions, Anglo America were full of praise for MDMJV’s project leadership and technical capability. And for an industry facing unpreceded challenges, these are outcomes that should be valued by all mine owners and operators.
Commenting on the award, McConnell Dowell’s Group Manager Tunnel & Underground, Russell Rooney, said…
“MDMJV have set the standard at Grosvenor Coal Mine and our experienced and capable team is ready to deliver similar results at any mine across Australia. Congratulations to all involved.”
The linked video highlights MDMJV’s expertise in the mining industry
Pictured below with the award from left to right are: Tony Caruso (CEO Mastermyne); Harry Hartman (McConnell Dowell Queensland State Manager); Tony Zahra (Project Manager); Mike Goodall (GM Greyhound Australia, Sponsor of the Award); Minister Anthony Lytham MP (Minister for State Development and Minister for Natural Resources and Mines).