This is an isolated incident and does not reflect McConnell Dowell’s business practices.
McConnell Dowell is committed to the intent and principles of the Victorian Code of Practice for the Building and Construction Industry.
McConnell Dowell has provided the Victorian Government with undertakings and evidence that improvements have been made to its procurement practices to ensure this remains an isolated incident.
McConnell Dowell has:
- Established a protocol for all projects to ensure there are no further breaches of the code;
- Reviewed all standard procurement contracts to ensure they are compliant;
- Commenced the establishment of a panel of prequalified and compliant labour hire suppliers through a competitive tender process;
- Implemented a training program across all project sites to ensure compliance;
- Held regular meetings with the CCCU to ensure ongoing compliance.
In the meantime McConnell Dowell is actively pursuing numerous other projects across Australia that are unaffected by the sanction.
For more information contact:
P: +61 3 9816 2400