Dutco McConnell Dowell Fabrication situated in the Jebel Ali Industrial Area 2 has been involved in Carbon Steel, Stainless Steel and Aluminium Fabrication work since 1998 when the present facility was initially built at the Jebel Ali site.
The Fabrication Shop operates an Integrated Management System certified to ISO9001: 2008, ISO14001: 2004 & OHAS 18001: 2007.
The Jebel Ali facility is ideally located close to major transport routes like the Jebel Ali Free Zone sea port and major International Airports in Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Sharjah, and the new Jebel Ali Airport allowing easy shipping consignments by road, sea or air.
The Dubai facility has two main Workshops with approximately 8500 sq meters of covered fabrication area, a fully equipped Machine Shop of 1000 sq meters, and a paved lay down and storage area on a fully equipped site of 48,000 square meters.
The Dubai facility has well established capability in soft metal fabrication, in particular components for Aluminium Smelting Industry. We have the expertise to fabricate specialised components including but not limited to anode & cathode flexible connections, aluminium cathode and anode ring bus fabrication, anode risers, and rectifier connections and associated components.
The facility is renowned for its specialist capabilities in welding aluminium, welding carbon steel to aluminium transition joints and dissimilar metal welding such as carbon steel to stainless steel and steel to copper.
The main workshop has been fully equipped with major bending, rolling and cutting machines and an extensive range of welding equipment for GMAW, SMAW, SAW, GTAW and STT welding processes. The machine shop has a wide range of machinery which includes CNC milling machines, lathes, large radial arm drills, coil cutting machinery, flat bed milling, surface facing and taping and mechanical saws of various types.
We also have a blasting and painting shop for surface preparation and the application of protective paint systems.
To complement our fabrication capabilities the Facility also offers services such as Shop Drawing and Detailing, Project Management and Shipping and Logistics.The various types of work we are currently engaged in include:
• Plate work including tanks, vessels, chutes, bins and process plant including prefabricated modules (PARs & PAUs)
• Shop Fabricated Tanks for Bariq Mining Limited
• Platework Package for Bariq Mining Limited
• Busbar Fabrication (232 units) for EMAL (Emirates Aluminium)
• Busbar Fabrication (704 Units) for QATALUM (Qatar Aluminium)
• Steel tools fabrication for EMAL (Emirates Aluminium)
• Ducting & sections fabrication and plate works for KEMPE
• Truck loading station facility fabrication for EMAL (Emirates Aluminium)
• Start-up equipments fabrication for QATALUM (Qatar Aluminium)
• Shop fabricated tanks for Bariq Mining Limited
• Platework and building structural works for Bariq Mining Limited
• Grizzly panels & supports fabrication for Bariq Mining Limited
• Truck feeder fabrication and Electrical equipments supply to Bariq Mining Limited
• Hydraulic truck loading system fabrication for Bariq Mining Limited
• Pipe spools, supports and steel work for Danieli Corus B.V.
• Bins, Hoppers, Tanks, Chutes, SS Tanks and structural steel work for Outotech
• Pipe spools and supports fabrication for Weatherford
• Steel supports (temporary crossover) fabrication for EMAL (Emirates Aluminium)
• Pipe spools and supports fabrication for DUSUP (Dubai Supply Authority)
If you would like further information on our regional operations please contact us via the Contact Uspage.